September 20, 2011

I have you!



When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. That happened to me exactly two years ago. The start was rosy, though before long I was put back to the harsh reality of the challenges that were to be faced by an army wife. Duty called and my husband was gone...still is. In 2 years of marriage, we have seen 6 places and been together for about 10 months or so. But still, it feels like yesterday when it all started. Nothing much has changed, really... I still can't get enough of waiting for his call every day, the rush I get at the thought of preparing for the day when he comes home, the vanity of a teenager that pleases me when he gets jealous, the sheer joy of seeing him in our daughter who looks exactly like her father...
Sometimes when the going gets tough, my light goes out but is blown right back into flame by him again and I realize that love knows not its own depth until the time of separation. I owe him my deepest thanks for rekindling my light, for giving me strength and courage to carry on during long separations and for loving me so;  for telling me that he loves me, when I need to hear it the most; for making me feel that just because we are wed the courtship's not at an end and for promising me that the best is yet to be.
...'cause there is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great as being with him and no tonic so powerful as the expectation of seeing him soon and being together for eternity! 


2 comments:

Saurabhi Singh said...

Congrats babe, these two years went so quickly & you.now have a beautiful gift with u as well. May God keep you in his grip always. Love u xoxoxo

Narayani Karthik said...

We all share that one common yet strong emotion of faith and hope that keeps the flame of love burning till eternity.....And I can totally relate to your post......God bless...!!