December 25, 2010

Thank you, Santa!

(Or was it really the FedEx delivery guy I should be thanking?!)
I always wanted to believe that Christmas wishes really are granted. Now I have a reason to believe that. I can only remember wishing for something for Christmas as a child. One year, when I was about 6 years old, I remember wishing for my two front teeth as I stood behind the Christmas tree at our school church, because they took a long, long time in sprouting back again after I lost them milk teeth. And since I didn’t like to be teased and bullied by all to smile and show my toothless grin, I had really hoped that Santa would put them back in place. That was then. After that Christmas, I don’t remember ever asking Santa for any Christmas gifts, since I would be mostly occupied with the celebrations of the festive season with family or friends.

But this year was different and I had made a secret wish to Santa.
What I wanted most of all this Christmas was for my husband to come and visit me since we had not seen each other for a week over four months now. As every time my husband would prepare to come for leave, something or the other would happen and he would always be called back, leave cancelled. This has happened for atleast 3-4 times now in the last 4 months. So, I was almost certain that I won’t get to see him at least before another couple of months, but look what I found on my front porch at 5 a.m. on Christmas eve …


Thank you Santa, for bringing me so much joy this Christmas.
I know I'd be really pushing my luck if I ask for more, but can you send him again for New Year's too? Pleeeease.....

2 comments:

Tejal said...

I wish Santa listens to you!
Just landed here, awesome blog! :)

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

Thanks Tejal. Hopefully! Am keeping my fingers & toes crossed.