December 04, 2010

Happy Birthday, darling!

I never realised before how blessed I am to be married to you. After exactly 1 year, 2 months and 2 weeks, things have slowly started sinking into my cute little head. Little did I know what lay ahead of us when I vowed, "... for better or worse, in sickness and health, till death do us apart." 'cause that time I had a very rosy picture in my mind and mostly dreamt of being together with you. I even bragged at times saying Who needs a man on a white horse who carries a sword and wears a shiny armour, when I have got a man who drives a tank, shoots a gun and wears a combat uniform. Never did I realise then, that the OG uniform would involve so many sacrifices on our part, especially that we'd have to stay away from each other for such long durations. But now I know exactly how difficult it is for you to be doing what you do and how hard it is for me to stay away from you for this long. It has already been 3 and a half months since I last saw you in person and it seems this time the wait is never going to end. Though I hear your voice every day on the phone, my heart still misses a beat everytime I get a call from you. Sometimes when you go on an odd-hour patrolling, I break down and cry, praying constantly for your safe return. And only when I get a call back from you that you are back in your room safe and sound, can I fall asleep in peace. I'm scared to watch the local news without keeping my fingers crossed and wanting your safety more than anybody else's.
I don't want my tears to make you weak. They only mean I love you more and more every day and I feel so proud of being your wife. I miss terribly the warmth and love of your touch and the feel of just being held in your arms. The only thing which keeps me going strong inspite of everything, is the rush that I get when I feel the presence of your love growing inside me day after day. And that makes me smile... very often.
I had really hoped you could come home for your birthday today and given me a chance to do something special for you. But as in the army country comes before family, so here's waiting and counting down the days till I see you again. And this is the part which seems to be so damn hard.
Happy Birthday, darling! I miss you so much...

4 comments:

Saurabhi said...

loved this babe...love you..take loads of care..

Sudeep said...

aawww, that was sweet. Advance mein pichle post mein diye the ab belated wishes iss post mein :D

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

Thanks to you both for reading and leaving yr comments. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Too good pri how much you love your concerned towards him can't in words wow