January 02, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Welcome 2008

2007 had been a very exciting and eventful year for me. Lots of travelling, lots of movies, good friends, met interesting people, attended quite a few weddings, became an aunt. Also I discovered 'orkut' and got a little addicted to it, till the time I got caught red-handed while being online from work (oops! its a zero-tolerance, but they decided to tolerate me on for one last time). But then, what the heck? I made a couple of very good friends and it was worth the risk.
Well, now its time to analyse the resolutions which I had made for the past year.
Resolutions 007 status:
#1: Smoking-Did not smoke at all till the 15th August 2007, but then I smoked on and off once in a while.
#2: Organic life-Ate healthy, exercised, meditated and cut down on alchohol to a great extent. Only stuck to beer and red-wine when I had to drink. Also curbed down on meat, being strictly vegan on tuesdays & saturdays (even if that meant a lot of hassles and being the odd one out at social gatherings).
#3: Photography-Even though my uncle gifted me with his old Canon SLR, I couldn't bring myself to do a lot with it yet.
#4: Travel- Oh yes... and a lot. Visited my hometown 4 times in the year (thats the most I've done in all these ten years I have been here in Delhi). Also visited Mumbai, Rishikesh, Daman-Diu and Pushkar.
#5: Gadgets-Got a mixer-juicer-grinder and an oven, but not the i-pod, digicam or the much-required lappy.
#6: Painting-Did not paint at all. Blame it on the mood or the hectic outdoor life or simple laziness.
#7: Pray-Yes, that I did. Chanted 'the gayatri mantra' everyday and 'the hanuman chalisa' on tuesdays. And I feel that has brought in a lot of calm in me. I also realise now that prayer is not about asking God for things to happen, but to thank Him for all that I have and that I'm grateful for the good things that has happened to me.

Now, at the start of the New Year 2008, I promise myself 8 new things-
#1: To earn more money and while also investing for the future, to be able to indulge more.
#2: To upgrade my room and my mobile phone.
#3: To work harder and more sincerely 'coz I realise I've been a lazy bum in the whole last year.
#4: To laugh more, humour more and spread more happiness.
#5: To break more rules by doing crazier stuff than my usual.
#6: To try and travel to the remaining parts of the country I haven't covered yet.
#7: To be more forgiving and be a better human being.
#8: To get married (after I'm done with my travelling, ofcourse!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

|| Om Shri Hanumate Namah: ||

Thank you for your nice Website. Happy New Year!

In 2008, you can download "Hanuman Chalisa", "Hanuman Mantra Jaap Mala" and more Mp3-Bhajans at:
http://hanumanji.wordpress.com

YouRs SinCereLy M!sTer CrippLeD SaM

naanosphere said...

yea! I remember the camera ... how much of space it consumed in your bag and how helpless u felt when u couldn't click pix... good luck this year.... ok!

Keshi said...

aww u used to smoke?

and u wanna get married this year? WOW I wish u all the best hun!

Keshi.

Vikas ( Vicky) said...

why do we wait for 1st jan to start something good or to refrain ourself from doin something wrong.
cant it be started on the day we feel for it....

Vikas ( Vicky) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

MR. CRIPPLED SAM : Quite a name. Thanks for coming by and sharing your page. Its very informative.

NAAN : Oh yes, the camera...so complicated...

KESHI : I used to be a chain smoker some time back. Then I decided to quit last year, but still do smoke once in a while, though not too much.
About getting married, sometime towards the end of the year maybe, coz I'm not getting any younger.

VIKAS : Haven't u heard 'WELL BEGUN IS (ALMOST) HALF (THE WORK) DONE' ? Well, that works for me.

Sanjay said...

Hi Priyanka, I used to work at the same BPO that you are still working and used to enjoy all the writings that appeared in the Intranet. Infact, I even commented on your writings then. Remember, once when you wrote a travelogue about your recent visit to Cherapunji(If I can recollect correctly!) I had put in my comments(Ex-Air Force Officer).
Well, yesterday one of those Colleagues met me and showed your Modelling profiles and somehow, i got my hands upon your writings. I wonder how you get all these wonderful ideas and words to describe them? Hats off to you for being so active in the life and yet finding time for these writings!
Keep it up!
On the flip side, I would not like to you get married so early because if you that, I am sure, we would have to read more about the hubby-biwi stories more than what we are getting now;)
Na, just joking!
Have fun, dear girl!