October 11, 2007

THE LOST CHARM

What is it about committed men that I can never bring myself to be attracted to them? Doesn't matter if he's the best looking man on earth. Doesn't matter if he is George Clooney. It is something about the 'attached' factor which takes away all the charm off men. And it is supposed to be that way too. Attached men are supposed to be with their partners, not woo-ing other single women to get attracted to them. But the only problem here is that all the 'good-looking men' are either always 'taken' or gay.

I was very happy being in love with George Clooney with his pics in my wallet in that special place reserved for a 'someone special'. Reading his interviews where he'd comment that he is NOT attached and doesn't plan to marry...ever, I'd beam with joy. Just the perfect man for me. And he's good-looking too, just in case you didn't notice. But a couple of weeks back my heart shattered with the accident he was caught in, not because he was suffering from a broken rib and some scrapes, but because he was with a girlfriend Sarah Larson, who was also injured. Hey wait a minute, did I just say 'a girlfriend'? Now where on earth did she come from? And barely did they recover from their injuries when the Clooney guy declared of a prospective engagement with Sarah. So much for my luck! Now I'm no longer attracted to him anymore. I don't have anything left for Georgey boy. No love, no lust. The 'committed' factor, remember?

The story of my life. Sigh!

14 comments:

naanosphere said...

yea! that was quite sonmething to get away with orkutting! try second life... www.secondlife.com. its a place where u can be what u always wanted to be!

naanosphere said...

oh! by the way... smoking sometimes helps! so don;t u feel guilty!

Anonymous said...

attached...or detached attachment...u can never know...that some people whom u think have been hurting you still really really like u immensely, for the fantastic person that u are....some things are best unsaid....

anumita said...

That's actually a nice trait! I wish there were attached men on the other hand who wouldnt be attracted to unattached women!
And not to worry... there are enough single and available fish in the sea. Drop in a line when you feel like... they ll bite hook line n sinker :)

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

NAAN: I know, but I like to be a WOMAN of my words and promises. Jus didn't like the fact that I became so weak as to succumb to the butt in between.

ANON: Whoever u r, how I wish your words r true...AMEN!

ANUMITA: The search is still on...

Iconoclast said...

Never mind...things fall in plc @ d rite time...like dey say:

samay se pehle aur kismat se zyada kuch nahi milta...

btw...itz a nice blog dat u hv...

Garima said...

hey...
just went through some of your posts. Liked them very much.
Good Work yaar...keep it up!
I like your attitude towards life and the honesty with which you write :)

Gary said...

Hi priyanka....Nice post

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

ICONOCLAST: Guess u r right. Thanx.

GARIMA: Thanks dudette.

GARY: Hey dude, whr r u?

Anonymous said...

Take care of urself .. eat/drink well

Sudeep said...

he he.. i would love to assume George Clooney was the one for the last poem n not a real life one :)
huggzz..

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

ANKUR: I am dude, thanks.

SUDEEP: I wish too it was GC in the last poem, but alas! it's a real-life guy...the wrong one, thou...But life goes on.

naanosphere said...

yes! that's why its the hate page!

Me said...

Trying to answer your question "What is it about committed men that I can never bring myself to be attracted to them?"

Because, you, like many (most?) other women, want the whole of the guy. When that is not possible, there is no attraction.

:)