September 11, 2007

NY RESOLUTION STATUS

I must admit, I have broken one of my New Year resolutions and have not been able to keep up with many of them. I was going through some very blue moments of late and started smoking from the 15th of August (incidently, on the independence day I succumbed to the 'butt' again). I smoked the whole day that day till my throat was sore and burning and tears ran down my cheeks with the smoke, mixed with my inner grief. I thought it was okay to take a break for 1 day and smoke... but it led to me smoking the next day again. The 3rd day my friend at work warned me about me getting trapped into it again. I convinced her and myself that I'd smoke for the whole week and then stop. The week elongated to become 2 weeks, precisely 16 days. So I smoked as much as I could till the month-end and then finally quit for good on the 31st of August. But I am not happy about it myself. I don't know why I couldn't be strong enough to not have done as I did. Perhaps there was a lack of reason or maybe that itself was a reason. Just for my health did not seem reason enough for me to have not smoked.

Sometimes I wonder why my senses go for a walk. Why I stop thinking rationally. Why I feel so snappy. Why I just want to let go of everything or everyone who matters to me so much. Why I have no zeal left for the ever new and happening thing called LIFE. I feel I have stopped 'living' for sometime now. I am just breathing, so I am 'existing'. Perhaps its a hint I should take seriously about a short break again....soon. The sun and the sea beckons...

10 comments:

Gary said...

Sun n the sea..goa becons kya?

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

GARY: Yes I think so...I'm Goa-sick again!

Sudeep said...

Take it easy gal.. you can n will stick to ur resolution
tk a break if you can get one..

indicaspecies said...

When I feel such low times approaching me, I quickly take a break and travel too. It is a sure way to feel refreshed, whole and fine again. Take care. :)

Anonymous said...

escaping is never the answer to anything in life...
Some times in life
Do as the golfers do,
Loosen up, Tighten ur grip
And give it ur best shot
And knock a few off the score
when no one is looking around..

if u feel like smoking do it..if u dont then dont do it...feeling guilty wont help u...

i know u are a very headstrong person...so live life kingsize..oops queensize...

Anonymous said...

asked coz saw your lookalike in bangalore.. smoking?! girl even the strongest have our weak moments...
-suraj

anumita said...

hey... what brought this on? you okay now?

Chris Benoit said...

are not resolutions meant to be broken? ;)

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

Sudeep: Yes, I got my much needed break. I'll write about it soon.

Indiaspecies: U r right. Travelling cures a lot of tensions.

Anon: Hey thanks. Those were quite some words.

Suraj: My lookalike? Not anymore I guess. I have a new look now with extremely short hair...my new pageboy look...

Anumita: Sometimes we just don't feel good about things not happening the way we want them to. Guess thats what happened to me and coping up with it was a wee bit more than I could handle. Am ok now. Need no cigarette to burn away my problems. I'v learnt to just ignore them...

Chris: yes, I'v heard them say so, but that was not my intention....

Anonymous said...

Some one broke her resolution .. shit .. i couldn't get you to do tht !