August 18, 2006

MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE POEM...

I read this poem a long time ago in a Reader's Digest edition. From then on I have always remembered it...as THE WHITE ROSE is my favourite flower... Today I found it in Google search. Here it is for all to read... See the simplicity of the poem and the beauty of the lines...

A White Rose by John Boyle O'Reilly (1844–1890)



THE red rose whispers of passion,
And the white rose breathes of love;
O' the red rose is a falcon,
And the white rose is a dove.

But I send you a cream-white rosebud
With a flush on its petal tips;
For the love that is purest and sweetest
Has a kiss of desire on the lips.

16 comments:

Saurabhi said...

Really nice poem babes..I knw white rose is actually the right defination for beauty..

Sudeep said...

simple yet nice poem

manoj said...

nice one...
if you dont mind..it is painful to read white in black background..why dont you chose a lighter template...
anyway it was worth that pain..

Mumbai Guy said...

White rose but your favorite color does seem red.

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

Saurabhi: I agree babes. Somehow white roses seem so appropriate & pure...

Sudeep: Yes, dats why its my fav poem...

Manoj: Sorry dude, I'll fill the one or two articles which are left, in nice colours. Thank you for taking the pain.

Mumbai Guy: White is my favourite colour but photographs always come out better in bright colours. So I choose reds or bright blues and other bright colours for my pics...

karmic said...

Nice yet a simple n elegant poem. It's sometimes all about-- K.I.S.S
or as they say Keep It Simple Stupid

Just my 2 cents..

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

Karmic_jay: Yes u r right. Or rather, Keep It Simply Sweet

Dalicia said...

hi priyanka,

regarding the panang recipe.
it's better to use fresh meat like all foods. let me know how it turns out.

after you cook it to high heat, remember to turn it down to medium heat...to shimmer the coconut milk together with the beef. it will taste a lot better.

Dalicia said...

sweet poetry but i'm not into flowers believe it or not :P

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

Elaine: U DON'T LIKE FLOWERS???
Thanks for the tip. I'll let u know

Anonymous said...

simple and beautiful poem...one i cud understand

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

Sheriff: Thanks for coming by. I read a few posts on your blog but couldnt leave my comment.

Nostalgia said...

Nice One!

kiraN said...

Beautiful

- kiraN

Priyanka Mahanta Pandiyan said...

Nostalgia & Kiran:
Thanks for coming by.

చైతన్య said...

that is wooooow!!